Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wolf's Rain, opinion poll?

To fans of the anime, and anyone who's seen it. I've recently been watching Wolf's Rain, I saw it when it aired in '04 and loved it, so I wanted to re-acquaint myself with it. Re-watching it, I noticed something. My question is, is Cher enamored of Darcia, maybe even a little bit in love with him? In ep. 25 - false memories - Cher spots Darcia, she seems surprised and a bit excited to see him. Cher tells him to wait and runs up behind him, Darcia stops, looks over his shoulder and says,"Will you follow me into the very heart of darkness?" Darcia turns and continues walking without waiting for a response. Cher seems emotional and stunned by what he said to her; without replying, she calmly follows him into Lady Jagara's keep. I think this has a double meaning, seeing as how Darcia has never really shown anything but complete uncaring and perhaps disdain towards Jagara, it leads me to believe he certainly wasn't referring to Jagara and her keep as the heart of darkness. Darcia doesn't consider her as much of an enemy, rather an annoying pest. I think he meant the darkness which is consuming and blackening him, partly through his own volition. Also, this to me, implies that he is fully aware of Cher's fascination and possible infatuation with him, though he is apathetic about it, he cares only for Hamona. There's a preceding ep. in which Blue asks Cher if Hubb is the reason she wants to go to Jagara's keep; Cher looks away from Blue and replies non-committingly that she doesn't know. Obviously she doesn't feel for Hubb the same way he feels for her. I'm not saying she doesn't love him, I'm just saying it's not the same intense love that Hubb holds for her. Am I the only one who noticed this about Cher and Darcia? And BTW, I'm no Darcia fangirl, I rather prefer Hige, so it's not wishful thinking. P.S. Sorry for the lengthy description.

No comments:

Post a Comment